April 7, 2010

Taking a Break

Sorry it's been a while since I've written - I was on vacation.

Oh, I didn't go anywhere, really, but for the last 5 days or so I've been so busy that it feels like I haven't been part of my "normal" life for a good span - and isn't that what vacation is really about?

The last five days have been SO fun!  On Friday I got to spend the evening with my sister Jen, BIL Mike and my nieces Natalie and Mia and talk about their trip to San Diego (and, sadly, say good-bye to their doggie Jo, who they picked up that night to return home).  Saturday we did nothing; I mean, pretty literally, NOTHING.  I guess we all need days like that but I feel so guilty when that happens!  Sunday was Easter, so that was spent with family.

On Monday, Brian took the day off and we spent the day in Sheboygan.  I have the best husband.  The reason we were in Sheboygan was because I have two pieces in the Wordplay exhibit at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center.  So we went to see it, and all of the other exhibits as well.  It was a great day.  We also had a wonderful lunch at Field to Fork.  We had our FDL Artists Association meeting at night so there was no artwork done then, either.

Yesterday I did manage to get a few hours' work in in the morning, but then some of my friends and I met for lunch at Park Terrace, a restaurant that's connected to Moraine Park Technical College's Culinary Arts program.  Yesterday's theme was "Turkish", and it was wonderful.  Then my friend Sue and I went to see an alumni art show at the private high school in town with pieces done by some of our friends.  I also finally got to Persimmons in Manitowoc, where I took a copper stamping class with Kim Geiser, the shop's owner.  It was a blast and I got to meet some very nice ladies!  It was 10:30 by the time I got home (it took me over an hour to get home because of all the storms), so no art last night, either.

One great thing about vacations (if you're lucky) is that it allows you to step away from your work for awhile and rejuvenate.  I for one am looking forward to working in my studio most of the day today, because it feels like I've been away for a month.  I miss my art!  And I love that I can say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment